Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What Used to Be...

Preeclampsia. According to the Preeclampsia Foundation it is a disorder that occurs only during pregnancy and the postpartum period and affects both the mother and the unborn baby. Affecting at least 5-8% of all pregnancies, it is a rapidly progressive condition characterized by high blood pressure and the presence of protein in the urine. Swelling, sudden weight gain, headaches and changes in vision are important symptoms. This is a very serious issue and something I am glad I ended up not having. But traumatizing none the less to have to go into the labor and delivery to be monitored and checked out. While swelling and headaches are important symptoms, I have both and still do not have this. Lucky for me however, I get to flaunt my lovely cankles and (mostly swollen feet) which seem to inflate after standing for any longer than 15 or 20 minutes. But on the bright side...no preeclampsia and no bed rest! Thank heavens!

Honeymoon feet and ankles:


8 month pregnant feet and cankles:


This has already been quite the experience, and I know there's only more excitement and unexpected things to come.

Life Lesson: Enjoy what you have while you have it, because it may be gone before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment